2018 Kawasaki ZR900EJFL
A Retro Take On Retro
Following in the footsteps of the Z900RS, retro meets modern with the café-racer inspired all-new 2018 Z900RS CAFE. Combining authentic retro styling, a modern chassis and today’s cutting-edge technology and performance, the powerful yet friendly-to-ride Z900RS CAFE represents a modern reinvigoration of iconic motorcycles from the 1970's. Experience the true spirit of the legendary Kawasaki bikes of yesteryear with the café-racer style front cowl, Vintage Lime Green paint scheme, green rim stripes and blacked out paint on select components. The black finished drop-style handlebar, café-racer stepped seat and tuned exhaust with brushed finish truly embody the ultimate café-racer image.
- Café-Racer Style Front Cowl: High-grade coating and a clean fit-and-finish contribute to the high-quality appearance. Compact fairing exudes café-racer style and helps to deflect wind away from the rider
- Vintage Color & Graphics: A unique Vintage Lime Green color scheme with white racing stripes pays tribute to the iconic Kawasaki Superbike graphics of the 70's and 80's
- Drop-style Handlebar: Exhibits a drop handlebar contributing to the café-racer styling. The handlebar is painted black to match the timeless styling accents. A wide grip helps to facilitate a confident yet sporty riding position
- Café-Racer Seat: A low 32.3” seat height provides an attractive sculpted shape with a more pronounced step and supportive padding. The seat is slimmer at the front, facilitating the rider’s reach to the ground. The seat can be removed without tools, offering easy access to the battery, fuse box and tool kit
- Tuned Exhaust With Brushed Finish: Exhaust tuned to deliver an appealing iconic rumble during engine start and idling
- High-Grade Paint & Iconic Teardrop Fuel Tank: Throwback Vintage Lime Green paint scheme highlights a teardrop fuel tank and premium finishes
- Stainless Steel Exhaust System: Chromed double-walled headers and short megaphone silencer featuring a brushed finish highlight the retro-sport image
- LED Lights: Round LED headlight and oval LED taillight blend retro and modern designs
- Multi-function Instrumentation: The high-tech multi-function LCD screen nestled between bullet shape analogue dials, featuring classic chrome bezels create a balance of retro style mixed with modern functionality
- Spoke Style Cast Wheels: A classic look with pin striping and high-quality paint demonstrates superb craftsmanship
- Authentic Styling: The all-new Z900RS CAFE is the ultimate retro-sport Z that offers modern running gear and classic styling
- Authentic Riding Experience: Retro café-racer design meets modern technology and performance for superb riding comfort around town and on the highway
- The modern, fully adjustable, 41mm inverted fork tuned to deliver both ride comfort and sporty performance
- The modern horizontal back-link rear suspension offers progressive damping for an ideal balance of sport riding performance and casual riding comfort
- Low seat height for easy reach to the ground and enhanced rider confidence
- The relationship between footpegs, seat and handlebar was designed to enhance communication between rider and machine, giving the rider a confidence-inspiring feeling. Relaxed upright riding position accommodates both comfortable cruising and sporty riding
- Drop-style handlebar provides ideal leverage for cornering and low-speed maneuvering
- Modern ABS is a standard feature on the Z900RS CAFE. It’s a compact and lightweight Nissin motorcycle ABS unit that helps reduce wheel lock up under certain conditions
- Modern radial-mount calipers and radial-pump front brake master cylinder contribute to a firm, progressive feel and powerful braking performance
- Authentic Retro-Sport Z: Superb balance of power and handling
- Double Wall Construction: Inner pipes are slimmer than the outer pipes which contribute to strong low-mid range focused performance
- Smooth and Powerful: Inline four delivers strong acceleration and silky-smooth performance for cruising at higher rpms
- Lightweight Trellis Frame: The modern lightweight trellis frame provides the strength to harness the inline 4-cylinder power and the balanced flex to achieve responsive and agile handling
- Tuned Exhaust Note: Tuned to deliver an appealing iconic rumble during engine start and idling
- KTRC (Kawasaki Traction Control): Contributing to rider reassurance, the Z900RS CAFE is equipped with advanced Kawasaki rider support technology. KTRC features two modes that cover a wide range of riding conditions, offering either enhanced sport riding performance or the peace of mind to negotiate slippery surfaces with confidence
- Assist and Slipper Clutch: Race-inspired clutch technology offers both a much lighter feel at the lever, as well as a back-torque limiting function that helps prevent rear-wheel hop when downshifting
- Engine: 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, DOHC, 16-valve, liquid-cooled
- Displacement: 948cc
- Bore x Stroke: 73.4 x 56.0mm
- Compression ratio: 10.8:1
- Fuel System: DFI® with Keihin 36mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: TCBI with electronic advance
- Transmission: 6-speed, return shift
- Final Drive: Sealed chain
- Front Suspension / Wheel Travel: Inverted telescopic fork (10-way) with adjustable compression and rebound (12-way) damping, spring preload/4.7
- Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel: Horizontal back-link swingarm with stepless adjustable rebound damping and spring preload/5.5 in
- Front Tire: 120/70 ZR17 Dunlop GPR-300F
- Rear Tire: 180/55 ZR17 Dunlop GPR-300
- Front Brakes: Dual disc ABS
- Rear Brakes: Single disc ABS
- Frame Type: Tubular, diamond
- Rake/Trail: 25.4 deg./3.5 in.
- Overall Length: 82.7 in.
- Overall Width: 33.3 in.
- Overall Height: 46.9 in.
- Ground Clearance: 5.1 in.
- Seat Height: 32.3 in.
- Curb Weight: 474.1 lb.**
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal.
- Wheelbase: 57.9 in.
- Color Choices: Vintage Lime Green
- Warranty: 12 Month Limited Warranty
- Kawasaki Protection Plus™ (optional): 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, DOHC, 16-valve
- Bore and Stroke
- 73.4 x 56.0mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- DFI® with Keihin 36mm throttle bodies
- TCBI with electronic advance
- 6-speed, return shift
- Final Drive
- Sealed chain
- Front Suspension
- Inverted telescopic fork (10-way) with adjustable compression and rebound (12-way) damping, spring preload
- Rear Suspension
- Horizontal back-link swingarm with stepless adjustable rebound damping and spring preload
- Front Brakes
- Dual disc ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc ABS
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR17 Dunlop GPR-300F
- Rear Tire
- 180/55 ZR17 Dunlop GPR-300
- 57.9 in.
- Seat Height
- 32.3 in.
- 25.4 deg.
- 3.5 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 474.1 lb.
- Vintage Lime Green
- 12 Month Limited Warranty